Saturday 27 October 2012

Scotland



Apologies for the lack of posts this week! I have been in Aviemore, Scotland paying a visit to my auntie and little cousins. I love going up to the Highlands - the scenery is amazing and it's so quiet compared to bustling Manchester city life!

Just like a Christmas card, eh?
From going on 5 mile hikes to watching the birds while sipping hot chocolate and sampling cake from the infamous Jack Drake's cake shop, the trip was the perfect way to relax after a long first term of sixth form.

A highlight was going to the wildlife park - the snow started just as we got to the reindeer. It felt so Christmassy I just had to take some pictures! Also, I am now in love with Arctic Foxes - they're adorable!

Another new experience was that of fishing. And after a long hour and a half in -2 degree wind, I decided that it is definitely not the thing for me!

I never pass up on the opportunity to indulge in some retail therapy, and the charity shops in this town are the perfect place to hunt for one off bargains. I managed to find a grey Topshop cardigan, in my size, for just £5. Needless to say I snapped it up immediately, much to the delight of the old woman behind the till!

In Inverness, I decided to purchase a pair of wedge hi-top trainers - perfect for the sport luxe trend! However, since I cannot afford a pair of Ash trainers, I settled for a £25 pair from Internacionale. From my first time visiting that store I was very impressed, on trend clothes at bargainous prices. Can't say no to that, can we?

Here are some of my favourite snaps from my week away. Where is your favourite place for a short break? Let me know in the comments!

Siby xo


Glenmore
View from the golf course!
If you don't 'aw' at this you have no soul

The beautiful Loch Morlich






No comments:

Post a Comment