Winter is definitely my favourite time of year - the snow (not that we get much over here!), the cute Christmas markets and the excuse to shop for a whole new wardrobe! Here are some of my
Winter 2012 wardrobe staples:
1. I love A/W12's baroque/jacquard trend, and I believe that these Topshop shorts are perfect
nod to it. Paired with an understated top and simple black opaques, these shorts will
take centre stage!
2. Heritage is another major trend this season, and a tartan skirt like the one above is an easy
way to encompass this trend in your Winter wardrobe.
3. Faux fur gilets and stoles can be seen everywhere this season, from both designer collections
and the high street. They look effortlessly glam whilst keeping you toasty in the cold - bonus!
4. Not only is this dress velvet, one of Winter's hottest fabrics, but the lace detail also pays
hommage to the Gothic Romance trend seen all over the catwalks. Ideal for all those
5. Quirky knitwear will always be in fashion in winter, and this cute polka dot jumper from
Alice and Olivia will go with nearly anything! Try wearing with some cigarette trousers, a
statement necklace and killer heels for a cosy yet stylish nighttime look.
6. I've yet to see a high street store which hasn't got some form of military jacket in it. This
sequinned version has been spotted on Made In Chelsea's Millie Mackintosh, and is both
practical and glamorous!
7. Thanks to Isabel Marant and Ash, wedge sneakers are fast becoming celebrities' footwear
of choice. They fit in with the sport-luxe trend and are super comfy, what's not to love?
8. Acne have done it yet again. Brit style icon Alexa Chung was one of many stars to be seen in
their 'Pistol' ankle boots, and I reckon these new 'Star' boots are going to be just as popular.
They'll go with anything, from skinnies to skirts.
So there you have it - my must have items for this Winter.
What are your wardrobe staples this season? Let me know in the comments!